Sunday 22 January 2017

Recent best beauty buys - Makeup Geek, Urban Decay, Illamasqua..


Being completely and utterly addicted to spending money on makeup and clothes I don't need, I've had to seriously resist buying so much since I started University, however some things are just completely essential and I can't help myself hence why I want to share some of my favourite and recent beauty buys!



I heard a lot of youtubers and beauty bloggers raving about Makeup Geek shadows for so so long, and once I'd seen Beauty Bay was stocking a whole tonne of their shadows, I couldn't resist, especially as they weren't too expensive per pan either!

SIDE NOTE: Does anyone know if they've upped the price of the MUG single eyeshadow pans on Beauty Bay? I remember buying them for only around £4 I'm sure and now they're £6 each!!?

I watched Kathleen Lights Youtube video of her collection to kind of decide which ones to get and I went for the classic Cocoa Bear, along with Chickadee, Bitten and Burlesque! I was desperate for some cranberry/purple shades and they are incredibly pigmented and so easy to blend. Chickadee is the mustard/yellow shade and not something I've really used before so it was exiting my shadow comfort zone if you like! I've used it for a pop of colour or a blending transition shade for warm smoky eyes and it's amazing, especially with Cocoa Bear. I also picked up a contour shade as I didn't want to fork out for a contour palette when I only really wanted one shade - I found this cool toned one which is perfect for my skin tone (I think it's called Break Up) and I'll definitely be repurchasing.

I brought the MUG magnetic palette alongside the shades which was £12 which is super sturdy and handy, it's got lots more room for when I buy more shadows too.





Something else I was finally so excited to get my hands on was Urban Decays Afterglow 8-Hour Powder highlighter in SIN! I don't know how many people knew about the hype for this but it was literally sold out in this shade for what felt like freaking years! Me and my boyfriend were both put on an email list to be reminded when it would come back into stock and just as I had given up hope my boyfriend send me a message at ridiculous time in the morning to say he had ordered it. (Boy did good). It was so worth waiting for as I haven't stopped using it! It's a gorgeous pearly highlighter which works well with any look and definitely lasts the 8 hours which is claims!


Have to brag about this complete steal which is this Illamasqua Fatale Palette - which retails for £34 and I managed to get it for £3. Three whole pounds. It's from TK Maxx which has become one of the best places for me to purchase high end makeup and paying super little especially around the sales. It was a really worthwhile buy as the shades are super intense, pigmented and pretty (especially for going out makeup) the only one I haven't really used is the bright purple (bottom left) just as it's not a colour I really know what to do with.



The last purchase I have made was the Urban Decay Shadow box palette - I actually brought this in the Black Friday sales a while ago now for around £16, although around £20 usually I hadn't even seen this palette before and was immediately drawn to the different and unique colours it had. It has the shade 'sin' which is basically the eyeshadow version of the highlighter I brought but has a thicker, creamier consistency which is super good for the inner corners my eyes or across the whole lid. This and the golden browns and shimmery dark pink makes it the perfect little palette for everyday but also easy to make into an evening look with the darker metallic grey or intense black. I love the green and blues but haven't used them as of yet.


Hope you enjoyed this post - let me know your recent purchases in the comments!!

Chloe

x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© chloe rebecca. Design by Fearne.