Friday 6 January 2017

The first two days of trying to be healthier...

Thought I'd do a little two day overview into my healthy eating & gym routine so far! When I came back to uni, first thing I did was a big shop to hopefully last me a couple of weeks, lots of fruit, veg and chicken and rice!


Ideally I'm hoping to cut out all carbs throughout the week, as this is the food I literally eat the most of, my meals revolve around pasta, bread & potatoes and I want to try and substitute all of these for vegetables and grains! With the help of Pinterest I've got some super exciting recipes to try out, I'm just hoping that I won't run out of ideas and result in cheat meals! As a student it is sooo difficult to not fall into this trap.


First meal: I'm so so so happy to have found this recipe and I am excited to pass it on! The main in my first meal I cooked is Baked Paprika Parmesan Chicken - I've never actually prepared or cooked raw chicken before and was a bit worried about it but now I am obsessed! The result is like a healthier KFC style chicken! Super delicious. I'll link the recipe at the bottom of this post!
To go with it I also made Garlicky steamed broccoli which was a massive fail if I'm honest! Fluffed up the recipe a bit and ended up with these lumps of butter & panko bread crumb balls which weren't too appetising, the flavours were there however my culinary skills aren't great, I would like to try it again though! The rice on the side is one of mine and my boyfriends favourite recipes, which I had today as a main, he had it last night as he is Vegetarian - so I nabbed a bit to accompany my dinner.



This mornings gym routine was legs and glutes! I was going to purchase Tammy Hembrow's butt workout but so far I've kind of put together my own routine from a lot of clips I see from fitness accounts on Instagram! Today I collated a lot of moves from Linn Lowes page and then did 3x12 reps on the squat press! For brekkie pre gym I just had a bowl of fruit & fibre with soya milk.




I purchased some protein today also, currently Holland and Barret have their penny sale on so grabbed 2 bags of this PhD Diet Whey (I didn't want a heavy protein that had a lot of carbs so this was better for me!) for £33 - each have 40 servings so I felt like that was a steal. My boyfriend got the Chocolate Orange flavour which tastes lush, and I got the Vanilla Crème - I wanted more of a versatile flavour so I can add fruit or maybe a spoonful of Nutella if I'm feeling cheeky.

Lunch was my favourite - Bokkeumbap! This is a Korean recipe and is basically fried rice and cabbage with a load of fancy flavours and spices, topped with a fried egg! (I did mine sunny side up today but usually I'd fry normally so that the yolk mixes in with the rice!) My Mum introduced this too me through these Simply Cook boxes she orders, they provide 4 different flavour pots for each recipe! (https://www.simplycook.com/recipes/bokkeumbap) however if you search you can get tonnes of different recipes for this without using that! It's a mild spicy dish and is the perfect comfort food whilst also being nutritious and protein full with the egg.



For dinner I roasted a few parsnips and steamed a few carrots and had those with a lil leftover cold cabbage rice and Quorn chicken nuggets (favourite things in the world). This was a quick use up leftovers kind of meal but still great.

I always love having desserts and as I'm not snacking throughout the day I get a bit peckish in the evenings so I've been opting for a bunch of chopped up fruit, and then in a ramekin dish putting a spoonful of Nutella or a few squares of dark chocolate and melting that in the microwave and dipping the fruit in! It's a bit of a cheat snack I guess but I can't resist.

Hope you enjoyed this quick post, I'm going to try and do weekly updates and I'd appreciate any tips and advice or meal ideas!

Chloe x












Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© chloe rebecca. Design by Fearne.