Wednesday 11 September 2019

Summer beauty favourites 2019.

Thought it'd only be right to start off the blog posts again with an end of summer reflection on some of the beauty bits and bobs I've picked up over the past few months and been loving. Summer is a weird time for makeup, most people ditch it all together and go barefaced and let the sun give them a beautiful radiant glow and let all the cute little freckles surface. However I'm more of a 'let's do a natural summer makeup look', but before you know it I'm sweating a heavy pink eyeshadow look out with winged eyeliner that I've accidentally over done to the point I could probably take off. To be fair, British summer is pretty gross anyway, more humid and sticky on the good days or just not hot enough on the bad days, or in Cornwall, mostly rain. 




On the topic of bright pink eyeshadows, one of the products I picked up is the Urban Decay Born to Run palette which was on sale for around £25, which I was super pleased about, and I am in LOVE. I pretty much do the same eyeshadow most days, even though I have several palettes with different colours. I'm just naturally a creature of comfort and stick with three colours to create a standard smoky eye - with winged eyeliner. But I'm attempting to try and switch it up. You'll just have to bare with me. Haven't braved the blues and greens in this palette yet, but maybe that'll become a post of it's own.

I switched up liquid liners too recently, to a brown over black, something my year 7 self would've done when I was just first starting to wear makeup, yeesh. I noticed loads of people had raved about the roller liner by Benefit so I caved and that's been really fab to use everyday, it's a little less intense but buildable if I want it to be darker if I'm going out. 

My other favourite products have been my ABH brow pomade, but going a shade lighter (medium brown from dark), as my hair has recently been dyed lighter and the Fenty beauty travel size highlighter (in shade Hu$tla Baby). I feel like these two products are naturally going to be staples that I'll keep repurchasing from now on, as they never let me down. 

My last favourite has been the Max Factor skin luminizer foundation, I struggle with foundations and still to this day haven't found one that I will stick with for a long time, but this one has been good for a light to medium coverage without looking too cakey yet giving a little bit of a glow, especially for Summer.


My style for posts now and later is going to be short and sweet, as I found a few of my posts before during 2017 were extremely long and rambly, and for me personally I prefer reading things quickly that are to the point - so I hope this is adequate! Till next time! 

Chloe 
x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© chloe rebecca. Design by Fearne.