Saturday 4 March 2017

Bondi Sands tan! First impressions


I love having a tan, I feel at my 'peak' when I'm a natural golden glowing brown but circumstances such as I'm lazy and don't get out enough, plus I've worked the whole summer the past few years has meant I never really have that natural glow. I've tried a few fake tans before but I'm not very good at maintaining them nor the prep to avoid patchiness!


I heard a lot about Bondi Sands tan when it was only available in Australia and I wanted it so badly! So when it hit Boots in the UK I was desperate to try it out. Lucky for me there was some offers on not long ago so I grabbed them for a bit cheaper. The tan is about £15 and I think the everyday gradual tan is around £10. I also picked up one of Boots own body scrubs as I didn't want to risk the dry patchiness I've had before.


I tried the tan out just this morning and I'm loving it so far. To apply I first had a hot shower then used the body scrub all over and really focused on the driest patches on my body, this scrub is really moisturising and it isn't too harsh which is great.

After getting out the shower I kind of let myself naturally dry (sit in my dressing gown for like way too long scrolling through twitter). I then used a light moisturiser mainly on my knees, elbows, wrists, ankles etc- anywhere the tan will probably stick to in a gross way. I felt like this helped it blend a lot better.


I used a Soltan tanning mitt and started off with just a couple of pumps of tan (after shaking the bottle) and started applying it to my legs in circular motions making sure there were no lines and it looked seamless!

This is the before of my legs - I had started to apply a small amount on my left leg before realising I needed a before picture though!


This is the result with one layer of application! Immediately my legs look really glowy & a shade darker, although it looks different in different lights. The smell of the tan is a really strong coconut but once it's dried it just smells like how most tans too, just with an edge of coconut, which I find really nice.



Here is a before/after of my tummy/arm also, I'm obsessed!!!! I'm very tempted to do another layer later on today but haven't decided as of yet. The pictures show the tan after a couple of hours, although I've read some things saying to leave it for most of the day and have a quick colder shower to remove the 'top layer', although I'm not sure I feel this is needed at the moment. Overall I'm really rating this tan and can't wait to see how it lasts & how it pairs with the gradual tanning milk as a top up moisturiser each day.

Chloe
xx




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© chloe rebecca. Design by Fearne.