Wednesday 1 March 2017

Gymshark Leggings - Worth the hype?


If you have anything to do with fitness or follow any fitness related instagrammers or bloggers you will probably have heard of the brand Gymshark. The brand has been around for a while now although I feel like I have heard more about it in the last year! I've not long being going to gym now, only since I started university in September but more and more I'm slowly starting to love my routine and getting my body stronger - I follow tonnes of people such as Tammy Hembrow, Jazmine Garcia, Nikki Blacketter, Gracefituk who have all inspired me to work out and 'grow' a better version of myself! And with that is the never-ending want for all the gym clothes they own.



The flex leggings have been the most popular item from Gymshark for sure, I see them EVERYWHERE - and I ummed and ahh'd about getting them for so so long, I'd trawl through youtube reviews and try on's of them and so many people had different opinions on them, not to mention they always sold out so quickly - when it came to finally telling myself I should order some as a 'treat' and convincing myself it would give me more motivation, I scrolled through the website and came across the Dry Sculpture leggings and instantly fell in love with how they looked, they looked thicker, more high waisted and in my opinion more flattering.


So I went for it and ordered them - and here they are! I ordered size XS (I am about 5'5 and 110-115 lbs), I was worried about sizing as a lot of people had said size up, some said true to size and some said size down, when they first came through I immediately felt they were too tight and was worried about them ripping or being see through but I kept them on for a couple of hours and worked out in them the next day and they felt fine (completely squat proof for me!), especially now after about a month, tonnes of wear and washes later they fit much better and are super comfortable - so in my opinion stay true to your size, also the logo hasn't worn off in the slightest which I was worried about with washing them, they also haven't shrunk.


The Dry Sculpture leggings have a really nice 'almost' high waisted fit and the waist band is large and really flattering, it keeps you tucked in in all the right places without feeling constricted. I love this as I always find myself pulling up other leggings in the gym after different exercises but these stay up all the way through. Thumbs up from meee!

There's a really convenient pocket in the side of these leggings which fits my phone (iPhone SE) really nicely - I'm not sure how it would be for iPhone plus' or if the pocket would stretch over time! These leggings are on the pricey side, £36 - especially if you're a student like me, however I definitely feel like they are well worth the investment and compared to other popular sports clothes brands such as Lulu lemon, Bombshell etc, these probably are one the most affordable.

I hope you enjoyed this post, if you have any questions leave them below or tweet me along with your blog links! x




2 comments

  1. Wow! I am going to order more than 3 leggings like this for myself. Pockets are so important, thanks for sharing this post. I can keep my phone in the pocket while I work out in the gym. This was so very much needed, I am glad somebody made a legging like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes these leggings are very nice but I like to wear workout clothes of another brand which is far more affordable.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© chloe rebecca. Design by Fearne.