Friday 3 February 2017

Favourite LUSH Products


Todays post is on my favourite (current) Lush products! I tend to do a little spree shop in Lush about twice a year, because I find their products last me a really long time.




FOR THE FACE

Bûche De Noël - Fresh Cleanser
The mighty Bûche de Noël is food for your face and body, with festive ingredients including satsumas, cranberries and a drop of brandy. The fresh cleanser helps to bring back radiance to wintry skin: finely ground almonds, kaolin and fruits gently buff and clean. Cocoa butter softens the skin and balance is restored by its fragrant essential oils.

I picked up this cleanser before Christmas and I already hate that it is a seasonal product due to how INCREDIBLE it is! I'm quite pale/dull skinned under the makeup I wear and I never have a nice rosy glow but a chunk of this smoothed into wet skin brings a really nice flush to my cheeks and makes the rest of my skin super smooth and exfoliated. I've used Angels on Bare Skin quite frequently in the past and I've heard this is the 'winter' version of that product, however I prefer this one a tonne more - possibly the festive ingredients brings the extra 'elfy' glow.


Dark Angels - Fresh Cleanser
This is for those of you who really like to scrub your skin to feel clean, with black sugar and charcoal to exfoliate, and rhassoul mud to deeply cleanse. We also use cold pressed avocado oil and vegetable glycerine to moisturise and soften your skin after all that scrubbing, leaving your skin feeling balanced and fresh. Sandalwood and rosewood oils give a rich, earthy fragrance and have a cooling and antiseptic effect on the skin. We buy our powdered charcoal locally in Dorset. It’s a great way to exfoliate and is deeply cleansing, whilst black sugar is in here to scrub away any dead skin cells, leaving you with bright, refreshed skin. 

This is a super intense cleanser and let me tell you, a little goes a long way - I found this out the hard way when I took quite a chunk out and began washing my face with it, started to rinse it off and realised my face had somehow absorbed all the black residue and I had to really scrub it off with a few rinses and a face cloth - a perk as my face gets seriously exfoliated, although I tend to use only in the evening just in case I leave my flat with black smears down my neck that I've missed! I love using this once or twice a week as it really cleanses the skin and also I have started using it in the shower on my back/chest since I've been going to the gym, as it rids my skin of any excess oils to avoid breakouts.



LIPS

I feel like everyone knows about these little pots of joy, they were super popular when I was in school mostly for the bright pink bubble gum flavour they have! They're simply sugar scrubs with added oils for keeping your lips soft and supple. I've always loved these scrubs day to day and I always carry it round with me especially in colder months. It's perfect prep for a lipstick too. This was the only 'flavour' I hadn't tried and it's now hands down my favourite! It smells incredible!


This is the perfect product to add on top of freshly scrubbed lips - the Honey Trap lip balm! Equally amazing smell, and super creamy consistency which moisturises the lips so nicely and lasts a long time. It has quite a grainy texture which I feel exfoliates at the same time as moisturises. I like to apply this throughout the day but also a bit thicker before I go to sleep so my lips are smoother by morning.

That's all for this post! What are your favourite skin products?

Chloe
x

2 comments

  1. I really need to branch out at LUSH and use more than just the bath bombs and bubble bars! Might have to try a couple of these :-)

    Kirsty Leanne
    http://www.kirstyleanne.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss you do ah! Tbh I'm the complete opposite - I hardly buy the bath/shower things! :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© chloe rebecca. Design by Fearne.