Saturday 11 February 2017

Quick Ways make your university room look cuter!


I thought I'd make a little post related to my university life, and how I decorated my room (which is forever being rearranged and changed) to make it more homely and just a nice space to work or unwind in! My room is in definite need of clearing out currently, I've only been here nearly 4 months now and the amount of stuff I came with is growing by the day! But I always rely on the little photos and decorations I put up to keep it looking a bit more of an organised thoughtful mess.



As my flat was a new build, everything was super pristine and white so I found a new love of washi tape after seeing loads of cute rooms via Pinterest where everything was stuck up with this patterned tape - I then bulk bought a whole load of different ones from Ebay and got lots of photos and quotes printed from Photobox (they always have different offers on, especially through the app!) I also went to B&M and gathered a few wallpaper samples which I've stuck to my wall with the tape- an odd idea but it looks really sweet!


Hanging bunting, wall calendars is always something that adds a bit more to your room and finding things that relate to you personally will make it feel more homely and quirky. I picked up this vintage looking photography poster from Paperchase which I'm obsessed with, they had so many others I could have brought but my wall space is already pretty full.



I feel like plants are essential to have in my room, it makes everything feel fresh and lovely and has some added benefits like purifying the air and all that jazz, I have some reduced flowers currently which I picked up, succulents from Aldi, a bonsai tree from the SU plant sale on my campus, and some lucky bamboo!

My favourite addition to my room has probably been the travel prints I brought from Ebay, it's different places I'd love to visit so it kind of acts like a little bit of motivation for when I'm not doing as much as I could be! Just routing around for prints online can lead to finding some really lovely things, and not for too much money either, even creating your own prints by layering text over images for your personal use is a great idea!

Hope you enjoyed this little post, more coming soon :)

Chloe
x


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© chloe rebecca. Design by Fearne.